Thursday, March 20, 2008

WHAT EASTER MEANS TO ME

It was on a Sunday evening service that the message of Jesus Christ’s resurrection was preached just like other services around the world, except this one was special. It was that night when the call to the alter was made and I came out of darkness into the light by accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior.

The journey for me had just begun that day. It was a night of victory; one that couldn’t be explained with words. My life had been drenched with the blood of the Lamb, cleansed and released from the sting of death – FREEDOM had been calling to me from the heaviness of sin that dwelt in my body and mind.

I was in my youth, but not into drugs; heavy drinking; or any other vice that entice some youth today. But yet I had lied, disobeyed, and acted selfishly. I felt the heaviness of sin in my life and a battle going on in my soul, wanting to be good but couldn’t. The weakness of my flesh was too strong.

It was through a neighbor’s invitation, someone who cared enough to knock on my front door and say: “Jesus Loves You. Come see for yourself!” Those words, those words were like Jesus himself speaking to me and I felt it. I don’t know if my conviction had happened before I came to church that night, but when I heard the calling of the Pastor for those to come and surrender it all to Jesus. He said: “Don’t wait for later nor tomorrow, because God is calling you now." I felt so humbled and with teary eyes I asked Jesus to forgive me.

“For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee; behold now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2) KJV

I felt Jesus had delivered me from sin and I was a new person. In my heart I knew I belonged to Jesus and the heaviness of sin was gone. I began to Praise the Lord! Victory from death, and freedom from sin was embraced that Easter service 1967.

I still remember like it was yesterday, singing “He lives within my heart.” Does he live in your heart?

Come, feel the power of Jesus in your life, accept Him today and claim the victory of His resurrection in you!

Pray with me: “Thank you, Jesus for your precious blood on Calvary. Lord Jesus, today I surrender all to you. Forgive me of my sins and let the victory over death be mine today. Amen

No comments: