Thursday, May 22, 2008

GOD IS OUR STRENGTH

“Thou will keep him in perfect peace
Whose mind is stayed on thee, because he
trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever:
for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting
strength” Isaiah 26:3-4 (KJV)

Just recently, my son Billy lost his license during his visit home. It was upsetting for me, because as a mom we don’t like seeing our children go through troubles. But a scriptural verse came to mind:

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)

It carried a message that lifted my Spirit when I repeatedly quoted it in my mind. It tells me that we can take cover from the darted flames that Satan throws at us. That God will shield us and protect us. (Psalm 91:4) He will provide for us victory when we are discouraged, in troubles, in sickness, or any problems we face. It says to me that we are more than conquerors and nothing is impossible when we call on His name.

It is the Lord’s strength that made a little boy named David battle the Philistine giant Goliath. David proved to his brothers, King Saul and soldiers, that in the name of Lord there is victory. It was God’s strength David trusted. God’s spirit was working in David. It is that spirit of strength working in us today, and will bring victory against all troubles.
God shows his Sovereignty, his control over situations. He simply wants our trust in Him. He wants us to ask him. Jesus said: “Ask and it shall be given to you…”(Matt. 7:7)

My peace, was trusting God to take charge of my son’s problem. But how many of us take the time to pray in a given situation? Sometimes, our problems defeat us because we think “Stinking Thinking”. We say: “If I don’t do it, it won’t get done.” When we think this way, we are saying to God that we don’t need Him. He is not big enough to control the situation. It is ungodly to think this way. I say: “God Is Our Strength, therefore he will take charge over my trouble.” God uses people or things to turn around a situation.
My son’s story ended in victory. God used an unidentified person who mailed his license. The envelope had no return address. The person wanted to keep it anonymous. God gets the glory. He answered our prayers and he gets the praise. What a magnificent God we serve! HE IS OUR STRENGTH!

No comments: