Monday, May 26, 2008

"I CRY FOR THEM" BY MARY VANSHER

This poem is dedicated to the men and women who fought, and are fighting in Iraq. May the Lord bless them and their families.

I cry for them
That is at war
Seeing the battling
soldier torn.
Amidst the blazing fire of night,
Calling the brother to his side.

As day approaches
All is clear,
But the remains of parts to drear
For as they clamor
To the falling site,
‘God speed my day till dawn appears’.

I cry for them, I cry for them,
Let Heaven hear my voice a near.

1 comment:

Jinianne said...

Moving poetry. I have to tell you that I searched for you after seeing your name in a Dorrance Publishing author's guide to subsidy Publlishing. I have been informed that they are interested in publishing a book I have written and I would like to ask you about your experience with them. thank you, Jinianne