Thursday, December 4, 2008

KNOWING HIS PEACE

“Peace I leave with you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do
Not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27

The Lord Jesus knew how easy the human spirit could become unrest in this world. It’s easy to get frazzled when things don’t go our way or when we anxiously await hearing from the family member who is in Iraq or of the missionary in a distant land. I know as a veteran when I was in the midst of the Vietnam War how my concerns were not for myself as such, because I knew my Lord was my shield and protection from the explosions I heard nearby. But not knowing how my family back home was arose concerns, but God kept telling me to let it go and be at peace, because He was going to take care of my concerns. My friend, Jesus knows our needs, especially of unsaved loved ones, or of the sickness that’s crept into your body. He tells us not to be alarmed, but to have faith that He will take care of our needs. Remember he is our Savior, healer, comforter, provider, and he listens to our prayers.

When king David’s enemies sought to defeat him David called on the Lord (2 Samuel 5:19); when he sinned he had no peace and David confessed to the Lord (2 Samuel 12:13); Mary and Martha sought comfort in Jesus who were grieved by their brother’s death (John 11: 1-25); the angels announced Jesus birth proclaiming his peace to all of mankind (Luke 2:14). If those who knew our Lord recognized him as a peacemaker, then think of the peace that only is found in Jesus Christ who is our peace. When we have Christ in us his spirit will give us peace – it is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22) His peace is there for you. It is one of the gifts he has for you -but all you have to do is come, know Him and he will give you Peace, Peace, glorious Peace!

No comments: