Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MY CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

It isn’t often that I have Christmas Dinner with my husband’s side of the family, but when we do, all 23 were expected this year at my house. The excitement and joy of having loved ones you haven’t seen for a while and those nearby makes Christmas a special day. But on Christmas morning I became ill. I didn’t know if what I had was the flu or something like it. All I knew was that in a few hours people would be knocking at my front door and there was still much to do. My husband and children try to get the preparations going as best as they could.

This was a day we usually take our traditional Christmas home picture on the stairs of our home. We normally do this on Christmas morning, but seeing how sick I was they refused. At my insistence, they went ahead and took the picture. Afterwards, I went straight to bed. My sick body was still taking its toll. As I lay in bed I lifted my Lord in prayer and praised Him, I knew I was not alone. I didn’t complain to the Lord of my misery, but said to him ‘may your will be done’. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and the most wonderful thing happened. It was in those seconds that something miraculous happened. All I know is when I opened my eyes I WAS HEALED! Yes, it was a miracle. Only Jesus could heal me from what was ailing me, and only He could turn my sadness into Joy. It was Jesus’ birthday and he gave me his gift, the miracle of healing me – what a merciful and compassionate God we serve. Praise His Name!

When I went downstairs and saw my husband and my children - they were amazed at the transformation. I was jumping with joy, and told them Christ had healed me. I had witnessed to them the miracle my Savior had performed. We celebrated Christmas with a spirit of humbleness and thanksgiving, because my God is an awesome God, he is Jehovajirah “God can see” (literal translation), but means “God will provide” and he met my need providing me with a Christmas miracle.

May you and loved ones have a blessed New Year and continue to uphold our Lord and King who is coming soon. God Bless!

No comments: